Adult CPR/AED Course Description:
The Adult CPR/AED course incorporates the latest science and teaches students how to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies for victims about 12 years and older. Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate for Adult CPR/AED valid for two years.
- Describe how to recognize an emergency and gain confidence to act.
- Explain how to lower the risk for infection when giving care.
- Understand legal concepts as they apply to lay responders, such as consent.
- Describe the emergency action steps: CHECK—CALL—CARE.
- Identify when it is necessary to call 9-1-1 or the designated emergency number.
- Explain how to check an injured or ill person who appears to be unresponsive.
- Explain how to check a responsive injured or ill person.
- Demonstrate high-quality CPR and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) for a person who
is in cardiac arrest.
The two delivery methods for the curriculum are listed below:
Adult CPR/AED (Traditional)
- Delivery: Traditional/Instructor-Led
- Duration: 2 hours
- Price: $70 (Includes the eBook, certification, & a face shield key chain)
Adult CPR/AED (Blended)
- Delivery: Blended Learning/Hybrid
- Duration of Online Simulation: 2 hours
- Duration of In-Person Skills Session: 1.75 hours
- Price: $60.00 (Includes the skills session, certification, & face shield key chain)
**The online course is assigned after you complete registration. Please be on the lookout for your assignment.**
You must complete the online course prior to your testing session. Bring a hard-copy of the Completion Certificate with you to your skills session. We cannot test you without this certificate.
ARC Account Assistance & Tech Support:
- Call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767)
- Email email@example.com
- Chat at redcrosslearningcenter.org after logging in. When an agent is available, you will see the icon “CLICK TO CHAT” located in the lower right of the page.