FAST Course Description:
Uncontrolled bleeding is the leading cause of preventable death from trauma. The First Aid for Severe Trauma (FAST) program provides participants with the knowledge and skills they need to respond to an emergency involving life-threatening bleeding.
The program is designed to enhance participants’ ability to take decisive, lifesaving action to assist a person with a traumatic injury and life-threatening bleeding until professional responders arrive.
- State the importance of personal safety for the responder and for the injured person
- Disinguish life-threatening bleeding from the non-life threatening bleeding
- Demonstarte high-level communication skills in an emergency setting
- Communicate essential information to a 9-1-1 dispatcher
- Describe methods used to stop bleeding
- Describe positions of comfort for an injured person
- Deomonstarte how to apply direct pressure and use a tourniquet to stop bleeding
The two delivery methods for the curriculum are listed below:
- Delivery: Traditional/Instructor-Led
- Duration: 1.25 hours
- Price: $60
- Delivery: Blended Learning/Hybrid
- Duration of Online Simulation: 1.5 hours
- Duration of In-Person Skills Session: 0.75 hours
- Price: $50
- **The online course is assigned after you complete registration. Please be on the lookout for your assignment.**
You must complete the online course prior to your testing session. Bring a hard-copy of the Completion Certificate with you to your skills session. We cannot test you without this certificate.
ARC Account Assistance & Tech Support:
- Call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chat at redcrosslearningcenter.org after logging in. When an agent is available, you will see the icon “CLICK TO CHAT” located in the lower right of the page.