BBP Course Description:
The ASHI Bloodborne Pathogens training program is intended for individuals who are trained as a CPR and/or first aid provider, or have an identified job classification in which there are tasks or procedures that increase the risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens. There are no class prerequisites.
The goal of this training program is to provide knowledge to employees with an identified risk on how to avoid exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials, and what steps will be taken if an exposure occurs. Founded in basic principles of instructional design and learning theory, ASHI promotes a “toolbox” approach to learning. This approach gives Instructors flexibility in both presentation strategies and materials in order to reach students with widely varying abilities in the countless instructional settings that exist in the real world.
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard
- Specific Bloodborne Pathogens
- Hepatitis B Immunization
- Your Company’s Exposure Control Plan
- Transmitting Bloodborne Pathogens
- Methods to Control the Risk of Exposure
- When an Exposure Occurs
The delivery method for the curriculum is listed below:
- Delivery: Face-to-Face
- Duration: 1 hours
- OSHA Compliant?: Yes
- Price: $30 (Includes a face shield key chain; Student manual is purchased separately*)