PALS Renewal is designed for the advanced provider who holds a current PALS Provider card. As with all our traditional classes, this is face-to-face interactive learning environment where you will watch AHA video content and participate in hands-on skills throughout the course.
You are required to bring a copy of the pre-course assessment to class. Instructions on how to access the pre-course assessment are located within the PALS provider manual. A practical exam and a written exam are given at the end of the class. You must pass both to obtain an AHA PALS Certification card. The passing grade on the written exam is 84%.
Topics covered in this course include:
- The Science of Pediatric Resuscitation
- CPR and AED Use in Children and Infants
- The Systematic Approach Model
- Team Dynamics
- Respiratory Emergencies Case Scenarios and Practice
- Shock Emergencies Case Scenarios and Practice
- Rhythm Disturbances/Electrical Therapy Case Scenarios and Skills Practice
- Post Cardiac Arrest Care Management
- Coping with Death Video (optional)
- Case Scenario Testing
The required student text for this course is the 2015 PALS (AHA Product #15-1058, ISBN # 978-1-61669-599-0). Provider Manuals serve as a reference tool for use before, during, and after your course. Authorized American Heart Association Distributors and information on where to purchase an eBook for your course can be found at this link.